The moment you decide to set up a WordPress blog the first thing you do is to look it up on Google.
You will come across loads of articles on the web with one thing in common. WordPress and BlueHost being recommended.
Almost every web hosting company out there offer WordPress as a platform, some with manual installation options and some with quick one click installation options.
According to usage statistics for websites (Metrics) WordPress was used by more than 23.3% of the top 10 million websites as of January 2015.
Its is built on standard-friendly code optimized for speed and SEO right out of the box.
With a vast community of developers and designers using WordPress, advice, tips, guidance, and inspiration are always just a search away.
Before building a WordPress blog, you have to make the decision of where you are going to host it.
Choosing a web host is an important decision.
There are many hosting companies out there, but SiteGround is the best choice, especially for a WordPress site.
BlueHost is also another WordPress recommended host that offers 1 free domain name apart from unlimited disk storage, monthly data transfer, host multiple domains on 1 account, free CDN services at no hidden fees.
BlueHost and WordPress have worked closely since 2005 to create a hosting platform ideal for running WordPress websites.
- Have researched a domain name
- Have credit card details handy
- Good internet connection
There are many reasons why BlueHost is so highly recommended, but here are a few:
- Their service, reliability and usability.
- BlueHost offers One-Click Installs for WordPress.
- They also offer professional 24 hour in-house technical support for your hosting account 7 days of the week all year long.
- For $3.49 a month you can host unlimited websites, email accounts and domains; all on one account.
- BlueHost uses custom built servers, this provides the most stable and reliable hosting environment.
Step 1: Purchase a BlueHost hosting package
- To get started, go to BlueHost’s home page. Click Sign Up Now (aff link).
- If you don’t already own a domain name, you can purchase one now. It’s free with hosting account purchase, as you get a free domain with a new hosting account.
- Once you have entered a domain name, you will fill in your personal information.
- There are a few other offers here, which you can include at your discretion. One that is highly recommended is Domain Privacy, which will keep all of your personal information private. The Setup fee and the domain registration is free with this package.
Step 2: Install WordPress on BlueHost using One-Click Installs
- Navigate to the MOJO Marketplace section inside cPanel.
- Click One-Click Installs.
- Choose WordPress found under blogs.
- Click Start.
- Choose the domain name.
- Edit the email address, username and password for the new WordPress installation.
- Click “advanced options” and change the settings.
- Read through the license and service agreements and check the boxes to agree.
- Select Install.
Now you can log into your WordPress site, by going to yourdomainname.com/wp-admin.
Enter your username and password, then click Log In.
The WordPress Dashboard loads up and you can start updating your blog with unique designs and content.
If you believe that your blog is receiving overwhelming traffic you can always get some add-on to accommodate the traffic.
CloudFlare is a very powerful Content Delivery Network (CDN) that is offered to all BlueHost customers for free.
To enable CloudFlare follow the steps:
- Login to your BlueHost Control Panel
- Click CloudFlare, under the Domains section.
- Click Activate, at the right of the Domain Name.
Here is a simple to follow YouTube video that walks you through the entire process.
With Google introducing SSL as a ranking factor for websites its important that bloggers begin to adopt to the change.
What is an SSL Certificate
SSL is the Secure Socket Layer protocol which is responsible for creating secure communication between client and server.
This is done by both server and client authentication and the negotiation of an encryption algorithm and cryptographic keys.
BlueHost does provide a free Shared SSL certificate available to all accounts residing on a shared IP address.
If you need any help with the entire setup process, do not hesitate you leave me a message and I can help you out.